Mayne Island Lions Club Mayne Islander of the Year Award
The Mayne Islander of the Year award is presented at the Mayne Island Lions Club Charter Night in November.
Mayne Islander of the Year Award Criteria
- Nominations must be in writing from a Mayne Island Lions Club member in good standing.
- A Lions Club member may forward a nomination from the general public.
- Lions Club members are not to be excluded.
- The nominee must have been a permanent resident of Mayne Island for at least five (5) years.
- Submit a list of the volunteer service organizations with which the nominee has been associated showing their tenure and activities.
- Nominations open on April 1st and must be available for the July executive meeting for ratification.
Past Recipients of Mayne Islander of the Year
2016 Neil and Liz Howard - read profile
2015 Mary Cooper - read profile
2014 Ann Johnston - read profile
2013 Dereck and Sue Atha
2012 Jack Lewis
2011 Ed and Bev McKenzie
2010 Dr. Cilla Brooks
2009 Pat Gasston
2008 Elaine Marlon-Lambert
2007 Ron Willick
2006 Joanna and Bill Weeks
2005 Don Slinn
2004 Sharon Macleod
2003 Don Herbert
2002 Tosh Saito